Victoria Andriets B.Sc Phm. R. Ph, Owner & Pharmacist, Shoppers Drug Mart, King City
Approximately 10% of those age 60 or older abuse alcohol; It is estimated that alcohol-medication interactions may be a factor in about 25% of all emergency room visits.
- What is substance abuse?
- How do I recognize substance abuse in seniors?
- Why are seniors more at risk for interactions?
- How do alcohol-medication interactions occur?
- What are common interactions?
- How can a pharmacist help?
Victoria’s presentation was part of the Passport to Wellness for Family Caregivers workshop on October 21, 2012.