As we build a series of podcasts (taped telephone interviews) with estate planning experts, today we are looking some of the issues around record keeping.
Our guest expert is Linda Alderson. She is a CPA and CA. She is also co-author of a book that she wrote with her brother Douglas, who is a Wills and Estate lawyer. The name of their book is:
“Let the Records Show: A Practical Guide to Power of Attorney and Estate Record Keeping”
During our conversation, we explore these issues:
- For the purposes of this podcast, what is estate planning?
- What does record keeping have to do with estate planning and why is it such a key component?
- On a practical level, is there one aspect that is the most important about record keeping when it comes to estate planning?
- What are the biggest “don’ts” regarding estate planning and record keeping?
- How do I know that my estate plan is “working”?
Every family needs to understand the importance of record keeping. Please take a moment to benefit from Linda’s expertise, wisdom and experience.