We were pleased to host a three-part educational program for raising awareness about elder abuse.
The program included:
- a day of workshops hosted by industry experts – Wednesday February 9, 2011
- a live webinar of the workshops
- Limited edition DVD of the Elder Abuse Awareness program
The workshops were hosted by social, legal, and financial experts with extensive experience in dealing with and protecting seniors from elder abuse.
The workshops were streamed from Thorne Mill on Steeles – A Sunrise Senior Living Community
484 Steeles Avenue West, Toronto, Ontario
- Dr. Sandra Loucks Campbell MSW, RSW, PhD
- Christina Bisanz, CEO Ontario Long Term Care Association
- Deborah Geerlinks, Ontario Retirement Communities Association
- Ian Lebane, TD Waterhouse
- Detective Sgt. Leslie Raymond, Ontario Provincial Police
Schedule of Speakers
9:30 to 9:45 Sam Martino - Director of LOP
10:00 to 10:30 Christina Bisanz
11:00 to 11:30 Ian Lebane
12:30 to 1:00 Dr. Sandra Campbell
1:30 to 2:00 Detective Sgt. Leslie Raymond
2:30 to 3:00 Deborah Geerlinks
3:15 to 3:30 Sam Martino
The DVD is now complete. If you would like a copy for your seniors’ home, seniors’ centre, hospital or your private home, please contact:
Here is an excerpt of the Protecting Seniors from Elder Abuse event held on Feburary 9, 2011.
TIP: Make the webinar full screen by clicking the button in the player (bottom right corner).